Best WordPress Cache Plugin 2019
A fast loading website is critical in 2019. Google has stated that a faster loading website will rank higher than a site with similar content with slower load speeds.
You may have done everything right, you have selected a premium Australian web hosting company, optimised all your images with a plugin like Smush, improved your htaccess file etc but are you using the correct WordPress Cache plugin?
There are many on the market but the clear winner in 2019 is Litespeed.
LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress (LSCWP) is an all-in-one site acceleration plugin, featuring an exclusive server-level cache and a collection of optimization features.
LSCWP supports WordPress Multisite and is compatible with most popular plugins, including WooCommerce, bbPress, and Yoast SEO.
There are 2 types of Litespeed Cache features.
- General Features may be used by anyone with any web server (LiteSpeed, Apache, NGiNX, etc.).
- LiteSpeed Exclusive Features require OpenLiteSpeed, commercial LiteSpeed products, or LiteSpeed-powered hosting.
Why do the cache features require LiteSpeed Server?
This plugin communicates with your LiteSpeed Web Server and its built-in page cache (LSCache) to deliver superior performance to your WordPress site. The plugin’s cache features indicate to the server that a page is cacheable and for how long, or they invalidate particular cached pages using tags.
LSCache is a server-level cache, so it’s faster than PHP-level caches. Compare with other PHP-based caches.
A page cache allows the server to bypass PHP and database queries altogether. LSCache, in particular, because of its close relationship with the server, can remember things about the cache entries that other plugins cannot, and it can analyze dependencies. It can utilize tags to manage the smart purging of the cache, and it can use vary cookies to serve multiple versions of cached content based on things like mobile vs. desktop, geographic location, and currencies.
If all of that sounds complicated, no need to worry. LSCWP works right out of the box with default settings that are appropriate for most sites.
- Object Cache (Memcached/LSMCD/Redis)
- Image Optimization (Lossless/Lossy)
- Minify inline CSS/JS
- Combine CSS/JS
- Automatically generate Critical CSS
- Lazyload images/iframes
- Multiple CDN support
- Load CSS/JS Asynchronously
- Browser Cache
- Database Cleaner and Optimizer
- PageSpeed score optimization
- OPcode Cache
- HTTP/2 Push for CSS/JS (on web servers that support it)
- DNS Prefetch
- Cloudflare API
- Single Site and Multi Site (Network) support
- Import/Export settings
- Basic/Advanced setting view
- Attractive, easy-to-understand interface
- WebP image format support
- Heartbeat control
LITESPEED EXCLUSIVE FEATURES
- Automatic page caching to greatly improve site performance
- Automatic purge of related pages based on certain events
- Private cache for logged-in users
- Caching of WordPress REST API calls
- Separate caching of desktop and mobile views
- Ability to schedule purge for specified URLs
- WooCommerce and bbPress support
- WordPress CLI commands
- API system for easy cache integration
- Exclude from cache by URI, Category, Tag, Cookie, User Agent
- Smart preload crawler with support for SEO-friendly sitemap
- Multiple crawlers for cache varies
- HTTP/2 & QUIC support*
- ESI (Edge Side Includes) support*
- Widgets and Shortcodes as ESI blocks*
Litespeed Cache Proof
As you can see LSCache is a clear winner, let us know what caching plugin you are using for your website. We will be releasing a step by step tutorial on how to install and configure Litespeed Cache. We will also follow up with benchmarks comparing each plugin.